Dubai is everyone’s dream destination. However, very few succeed in planning a sensible trip.
Let me give you some pointers that will help you in planning a trip as well as in executing it in the best possible manner.
1. Book Tickets & Visa by yourself – Avoid taking help from Travel Agents to book tickets & visa. Just select the destination well in advance and book the tickets directly through the website or may be look for the best and cheap available options from Google flights . VFS Global is there to take care of the visa requirements in no time. Travel Agents may charge you more than what is actually required. So save there!
2. Travel on your own terms – Looking for packages might seem to be pretty exciting & time saving. But let me tell you something, it is not how it seems to be. Going for a package will keep you restricted throughout the trip. Now it is up to you to decide whether you are going for a vacation to enjoy on your terms or to follow instructions as per the package designed for you by the agency. So give it a thought!!!
3. Cheap Hotels a Big NO-NO – One might think why to waste money on a luxurious hotel when one can easily book a cheap hotel/apartment just to spend the night. But dude, travelling is all about relaxation and enjoyment. Cheap hotels would not provide you with the amenities that a Luxury Hotel would deliver. Not only amenities but security wise as well you will feel more safe by shelling out some money that you saved during booking tickets and visa… So SAFETY FIRST!!!
4. DO NOT RUSH – Planning a holiday is not an easy task, however it is not that challenging too. A destination like Dubai has much much more to offer than you can actually think of. Choose 6-7 tempting attractions and splurge on them, rather than becoming a jumping jack and hopping on every little place in bits & pieces and tiring yourself when one can avoid such hassles.
5. BOOKING ATTRACTIONS OUR WAY – Many third party websites provide amazing deals & discounts that would actually tempt your eye balls and urge you to fall for them. But let me warn you, these websites do not disclose the hidden treasures of that particular attraction and will keep you away from all the benefits that you can actually avail by booking directly through the websites. So do compare before booking anything through a 3rd party portal.
6. Famous Places to Visit in 7 days –
Day 2 – Mall of the Emirates, Ski Dubai
Day 3 – Dubai Marina Mall, Marina Walk, Marina Beach
Day 5 – Jumeirah Beach, Burj Al Arab
Day 6 – Dubai Gold Souk – If interested in buying Gold, if not then you can skip that
Day 7 – Explore your hotel, the signature restaurants – trust me you’ll love it… Atleast you should be aware of the surroundings of the place where you were bouncing off the bed for 7 days…
That’s about it folks! Hope you have a fantastic trip…
Comment below in case you need more info on the subject…
~ Jennifer Francis