The competitive edge has been there during the 2018-2019 season in the NBA. Giannis Antetokounmpo might be the favorite to win the MVP award right now, despite James Harden being on a tear. Who are the Top 10 teams in the NBA so far this season?
10. Houston Rockets: Even though James Harden is on a tear, they have cooled off a little bit lately. The Rockets have lost their last two-out-of-three games, but they are playing like a Top 10 team right now because of Harden. He is averaging 33.9 PPG, 6 RPG, 8.6 APG, and 2 SPG so far this season. Clint Capela has also been a big help for Houston. He is averaging 17.6 PPG, 12.8 RPG, and 1.9 BPG so far this season. The Houston Rockets record so far this season is 23-17. They are currently the sixth seed in the west.
9. Portland Trail Blazers: The Trail Blazers have won three straight games and all of them have been at home. Portland will conclude its four game home stand on Friday night against the Charlotte Hornets. The Portland Trail Blazers will be a tough out in the postseason. They have one of the best back courts in the NBA and Portland also plays very good defense. Their record so far this season is 25-17. They are currently the fifth seed in the west.
8. Oklahoma City Thunder: Russell Westbrook has not been very good at shooting the basketball this season, but he has been effective in other parts of his game. Westbrook plays with a ton of energy. He is a very good defender and also gets his teammates involved. Paul George has been reliable for this team. They continue to play defense at a high level. The Thunder's record so far this season is 25-15. They are currently in the third spot in the west.
7. Boston Celtics: The Celtics have won four straight games and they might finally be getting it together. Boston is currently in the five spot in the east with a 25-15. They have a 5.5 game lead on the Brooklyn Nets. The Boston Celtics are 4.5 games back for the number one spot. They had a big win at home against the Indiana Pacers at home on Wednesday night 135-108. Seven players scored in double digits for Boston. Jayson Tatum scored 20 points. Jaylen Brown and Marcus Morris each scored 22 points. Kyrie Irving is averaging 22.6 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 6.5 APG, and 1.6 SPG so far this season.
6. Indiana Pacers: The road has not been kind to the Pacers this week. They lost to both the Toronto Raptors and the Boston Celtics. Those two teams are very good. Indiana is still very good as well. They are currently in the three spot in the east with a 27-14 record and the Indiana Pacers are just 0.5 games up on the Philadelphia 76ers. The Indiana Pacers don't have as much talent as teams like Philadelphia, Milwaukee, or Toronto. Victor Oladipo is Indiana'a main star and then a bunch of other players follow his lead for the better.
5. Philadelphia 76ers: The 76ers continue to home cook this season. They are 18-3 at home, but they are just 9-12 on the road. Philadelphia currently sits in the fourth spot in the east and they are just 0.5 games back of the Indiana Pacers for the number three seed. It is very important for the Philadelphia 76ers to avoid the Boston Celtics in the first-round of the playoffs at all costs. Philadelphia has a ton of talent on the roster. Joel Embiid continues to impress game in and game out. He is averaging 26.9 PPG, 13.4 RPG, 3.5 APG, 1.9 BPG, and 0.6 SPG so far this season.
4. Golden State Warriors: Klay Thompson scored 43 points when the Warriors defeated the Knicks 122-95 at home on Tuesday night. Golden State is expected to get DeMarcus Cousins back from injury within the next couple of weeks. If Cousins returns to actual form, this team might be impossible to stop with all the talent this team has. He will provide protection around the rim and grab rebounds. Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and Kevin Durant will take care of the scoring anyways. They don't have a very deep bench. Draymond Green has been struggling for Golden State this season. They sit in second place in the west with a 27-14 record. The Golden State Warriors are just one game back of the Denver Nuggets. Those two teams will play each other this Tuesday night in Denver.
3. Denver Nuggets: The Nuggets will begin a three game road trip on Thursday night. Their first game back in Denver will be on Tuesday night against the Golden State Warriors. The Denver Nuggets sit in the number one spot in the west with a 27-12 record. Michael Malone could be the coach of the year right now in the NBA. Even though they have the best record in the west, this team is very underrated and Denver will be very good for a long time. Nikola Jokic is one of the best players in the world.
2. Milwaukee Bucks: Giannis Antentokounmpo continues to take the league by storm. He scored 27 points and grabbed 21 rebounds in a 116-109 win on the road on Wednesday night against the Houston Rockets. Antentokounmpo should be the MVP of the NBA. He has been that good and Mike Budenholzer has been able to challenge him everyday and Giannis has been responding well. When he is playing well, the whole team is playing well. The Bucks record so far this season is 29-11 so far this season. Milwaukee will have two more games on the road before they return home next Tuesday night against the Miami Heat.
1. Toronto Raptors: The Raptors are the only team in the NBA so far this season with at least 30 wins. Toronto's record is 31-12 so far this season. They had a big win on the road on Saturday night against the Milwaukee Bucks 123-116. Pascal Siakam and Kawhi Leonard each scored 30 points in that game. Siakam's game has elevated to another level this season. He could very well win the most improved player award this season. Pascal Siakam is averaging 15 PPG, 6.6 RPG, 2.8 APG, 0.7 BPG, and 1 SPG so far this season. When this team has Kyle Lowry healthy, this team is very difficult to beat.