The NFL Playoffs will begin on Saturday afternoon. The 12 teams that are in all have a reasonable chance to hoist the Lombardi Trophy in Atlanta come February. Out of the 12 teams that made it, why can they win it all and why won't they?
AFC: (6) Indianapolis Colts: Why they will win it all: Andrew Luck is having the best year in his NFL career. Their offensive line is improved and they have an underrated defense. Frank Reich has playoff experience as an offensive coordinator with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Why they won't: Indianapolis is still a young team and Andrew Luck becomes a turnover machine.
(5) Los Angeles Chargers: Why they will win it all: They have not lost a game outside of the city of Los Angeles this season. The Chargers run the ball effectively. Philip Rivers is having one of the best seasons of his career. Their defense is one of the best in the business.
Why they won't: Philip Rivers doesn't show up in big games and the defense all of a sudden gets exposed.
(4) Baltimore Ravens: Why they will win it all: The Ravens have the best ranked in the postseason. They make offenses uncomfortable. Lamar Jackson continues to play smart and inspired football.
Why they won't: The opposing teams make Lamar Jackson into a passer instead of a runner and the offense stalls. The defense is also on the field too much and they get tired.
(3) Houston Texans: Why they will win it all: Deshaun Watson has the ability to extend plays. DeAndre Hopkins doesn't drop any passes thrown to him. The front seven on defense gets to the quarterback and makes life uncomfortable for them.
Why they won't: Houston will have a tough path to get to the Super Bowl. Their defense is prone to giving up the big play time-and-time again. The Houston Texans have the worst offensive line in football.
(2): New England Patriots: Why they will win it all: Tom Brady continues to play at a high level. They outsmart teams and don't beat themselves. The AFC isn't as strong as we think it is.
Why they won't win it all: New England has to face either Baltimore or Los Angeles after a bye week instead of Houston. Those defenses will get after Tom Brady. Even if they escape, the Patriots then have to go on the road against the Kansas City and they were just 3-5 on the road this season. New England doesn't have the play makers like they used to and Rob Gronkowski shows signs of rust.
(1) Kansas City Chiefs: Why they will win it all: Patrick Mahomes is most likely the MVP of the NFL this season and they have an elite offense. The Chiefs defense all of a sudden decides to wake up and make key stops in key situations.
Why they won't: It is never good news for teams that reach the Super Bowl and have the MVP on the same team. The MVP of the regular season has never won a Super Bowl title of that season. Another reason why is because the defense continues to not make stops in key moments.
NFC: (6) Philadelphia Eagles: Why they will win it all: They won the Super Bowl last season and the Eagles are peaking at the right time. Nick Foles is pulling his magic out of his hat once again. The defense is starting to play better.
Why they won't: Philadelphia's injuries proved to be just too much for them this season. The defense gives up big plays and they also have a tough road back to the Super Bowl.
(5) Seattle Seahawks: Why they will win it all: Russell Wilson is one of the best quarterbacks in the league. They also have a solid running game. The defense isn't playing for themselves and they are playing for one another.
Why they won't: The Seahawks don't have enough play makers on the outside. They don't play as well on the road as they do at home.
(4) Dallas Cowboys: Why they will win it all: The defense will dominate games and they also control the clock well. Ezekiel Elliott is a freak of nature in the running game and Dak Prescott makes key throws in key situations.
Why they won't: Opposing teams decide to double team Dak's favorite target Amari Cooper. Prescott hasn't been very good at passing the ball to other teammates. The defense gets worn down because they have to be on the field often.
(3) Chicago Bears: Why they will win it all: Mitchell Trubisky decides to take his game to another level in the passing game. Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen is a solid backfield. Coaching has been a big factor for this team and Matt Nagy gets his players ready to go every single game. They also have one of the best defenses in the NFL and Chicago forces turnovers.
Why they won't: Mitchell Trubisky becomes a turnover machine at quarterback. Opposing teams decide to stack eight in the box on them. They would also have to beat possibly the Los Angeles Rams and the New Orleans Saints on the road in order to get to the Super Bowl.
(2) Los Angeles Rams: Why they will win it all: Sean McVay is one of the best coaches in the NFL and he decides to run a no huddle offense often. Jared Goff goes back to his old ways early in the season and throws dimes on the spot. Todd Gurley is one of the best running backs in the league and C.J. Anderson could bring an extra spark to the backfield as well. They also have one of the best offensive lines in the league. Aaron Donald is the best defensive player in the league and he sparks the Rams defense.
Why they won't: Goff doesn't look sharp and he continues to miss wide receiver Cooper Kupp. The defense continues to be a bunch of egos instead of playing as a unit.
(1) New Orleans Saints: Why they will win it all: The Saints are the best balanced team in the NFL. They play all three phases of the game well.
Why they won't: Drew Brees doesn't look sharp and they have to start relying on trick plays to win games.