First base is one of the most complicated positions to play in baseball. It might be the hardest infield position to play. First baseman also have a different type of glove that regular fielders and catchers don't use. Who are the Top 10 first baseman heading into the 2019 MLB season?
10. Joey Votto (CIN): Votto is the face of the franchise in Cincinnati right now. He always represents himself well on and off the field. Without him, the Reds could be the laughing stock of baseball. It is very possible this season they will not finish in last in the NL Central. His batting average last season was .284 with 12 home runs and 67 RBI's, along with two stolen bases. Joey Votto's on-base percentage was .417.
9. Jose Abreu (CWS): Abreu has a ton of power and he is one of the best players on a bad Chicago team. The White Sox will be good in a year or two. Jose Abreu has been consistent over the past few years. His batting average last season was .265 with 22 home runs and 78 RBI's, along with two stolen bases. Abreu's on-base percentage was .325.
8. Miguel Cabrera (DET): Cabrera is one of the best baseball players in the game when he is healthy. Miguel Cabrera had another season cut short last season due to injury. In 38 games, his batting average was .299 with three home runs and 22 RBI's. Cabrera's on-base percentage was .395.
7. Cody Bellinger (LAD): Bellinger is a very versatile player. He played in every game last season. Most of his games were played at first base, Cody Bellinger's batting average was .260 with 25 home runs and 76 RBI's, along with 14 stolen bases. His on-base percentage was .343.
6. Ian Desmond (COL): Desmond was healthy for the 2018 season for the Rockies. He had a major bounce back season after he had a rough 2017 season. His batting average last season was .236 with 22 home runs and 88 RBI's, along with 20 stolen bases. Ian Desmond's on-base percentage was .307.
5. Carlos Santana (PHI): Santana was one of Philadelphia's power sources last season. He was one of the reasons why the Phillies improved last season. His batting average was .229 with 24 home runs and 86 RBI's, along with two stolen bases. Carlos Santana's on-base percentage was .352.
4. Paul Goldschmidt (STL): Goldschmidt was traded to the St. Louis Cardinals in the offseason from the Arizona Diamondbacks. He is one of the best first baseman in the game. Paul Goldschmidt isn't only a very good hitter, but he is an excellent fielder as well. Goldschmidt should help this Cardinals team get back to the playoffs this season. His batting average with the Arizona Diamondbacks last season was .290 with 33 home runs and 83 RBI's, along with seven stolen bases. Paul Goldschmidt's on-base percentage was .389.
3. Jesus Aguilar (MIL): Aguilar had his best year of his career last season. He was one of the reasons why the Milwaukee Brewers won the NL Central. Milwaukee was one win away from reaching the World Series. His batting average was .274 with 35 home runs and 108 RBI's. Jesus Aguilar's on-base percentage was .352.
2. Freddie Freeman (ATL): Freeman was one of the most consistent players in baseball last season. He was an All-Star and Freddie Freeman's production was one of the reasons why the Atlanta Braves won the NL East. His batting average was .309 with 23 home runs and 98 RBI's, along with 10 stolen bases. Freeman's on-base percentage was .388.
1. Anthony Rizzo (CHC): Rizzo is the best first baseman in the game right now. He is one of the cornerstone pieces on this Chicago team. Anthony Rizzo has an MVP award before. He is also tremendous in the field. His batting average last season was .283 with 25 home runs and 101 RBI's, along with six stolen bases. Rizzo's on-base percentage was .376.